Wednesday 21 May 2008

Yummy Blog Award


I received this Yummy Blog Award from Sunshinemom recently! Thanks so much for passing on this award to me! Although I secretly think that I don't really deserve this award (these four Chinese words describe how I feel: 受之有愧!)...but I certainly don't mind bagging an award, as I have not received an award for ages ;)

Ok, here are some rules for the ‘Yummy Blog’ award Receiver :
The person who receives the award should display the "Yummy Blog !" logo on their blog and also the meaning of the award which is:
"Yummy blog award is the award given to the blog with most yummy recipes/photos."

The receiver should also quote their favorite yummylicious :) dessert(s) that they have ever prepared/eaten. Don’t restrict yourself to any dessert, chocolate bars also welcome. Also the receiver should pass on the award to four other bloggers whose blog they find "yummy" and let them know about the rules.

My favourite dessert is:

Ice Kacang! A multi-coloured 'mini-ice mountain'...which is made of ice shavings, topped with colourful red and green sweeteners, condensed milk and corns . At the bottom of the ice, is a plate of red beans, grass jelly, tiny jelly cubes and some attap chee (seed of the attap or nipah palm). This has been my No. 1 favourite dessert since young!

It's my pleasure now to pass the award to these truly deserving Yummy Award Recipients:
1. Anne of Simply Anne's for all her gorgeous cakes!
2. Lynn of Cookie Baker Lynn for her yummy ice creams, breads, pies, cookies, cakes, etc, etc, etc!
3. Mandy of Fresh from the Oven for her wonderful dishes and lovely cakes and cookies!
4. Patricia of Technicolor Kitchen for her devilious-looking chocolate cakes, cookies and lots of other countless delicious dishes and recipes which she has been sharing with us. Most of all, I really appreciate her forever encouraging words and comments that she has been leaving with not just me, but many other fellow bloggers!

13 comments:

Mandy said...

hey HHB, you are well deseved! I on the other hand, feel really 受之有愧. But thanks for the award! :)

Anne said...

HHB, you rightfully deserve the award and thank you so much for sharing the award to me :)

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Congratulations. You desrve the award for serving up all that yummy stuff.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Aren't you just incredibly kind? Thank you for your encouraging words, and the award... I'm amazed by the amount of wonderful people I have met through blogging!!

xoxo

Sunshinemom said...

I don't know Chinese, but I know you deserve that one. I spotted your RSS after so many days...:)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I also failed badly on Spong cake, not too sure how to fold the flour?
e-mail(http://www.pbs.org/juliachild/meet/medrich.html) you given cann't find object, pls advice???
Thank you very much.....
Mrs Owyong

Happy Homebaker said...

Hi Mrs Owyong, when u go to the link/website, look under the heading "Chocolate Genoise Cake", click on it and you should be able to view the video clip.

Anonymous said...

HI HHB, you got nice recipes. hope i can make such nice cakes too. After reading your blog, was thinking were you a teacher before?

Happy Homebaker said...

Hi Anonymous,
thanks for your kind words :)
No, I was not a teacher! What makes you think so? ;)
I guess I'll probably kill all the students if I were a teacher, lolz! I have to try very very hard to stay calm whenever I need to coach my kids on their studies! I was an Engineer by training, can you believe it?!

Cookie baker Lynn said...

You really deserve this award as your blog always looks yummy! Thank you so much for sharing it with me. You're so kind!

Anonymous said...

Hi thank you for the advice
after viewing the video clip, I will try again!
Thank you & regards
Mrs Ow yong

Anonymous said...

You make great cakes that's why i thought u were once a teacher. :)

Anonymous said...

nice post!...kabonfootprint